Site: Hope Downs Greater region
6 month duration, with the possibility for Temp to Perm
About the Company
Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets. These assets include a world-class, integrated network of 15 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure. Rio Tinto are expanding operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance.
About the Role
WorkPac are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer with experience in pump selection and pipework. This role will be involved with the dewatering and infrastructure superintendent, supervisors, and planners to deliver small projects, improvements, pump upgrades and monitor reliability of pumps and generators.
- Supporting site services including supporting the site team with various projects.
- Generator reliability, bore pump selection, performance of the bore field.
- Other areas include infrastructure maintenance including compressors, refrigeration, potable water distribution, roads, overhead cranes.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, the candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Dewatering background advantageous
- mechanical and fluid dynamic knowledge experience ( desirable )
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative and be driven to achieve results
- Tertiary Degree in this field
- Manual C Driver's License
Job Reference Number: TMPRIJ202270171
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact:
WorkPac Professional Principal Consultant: Sam Lemme - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above reference number.
About the Company
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our my rewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
|Job title:||Engineer, Mechanical|
|Industry:||Engineering Mining, Oil and Gas|