Geotechnical Logging Engineer
- Roster 8:6
- Ongoing role
- FIFO: Perth
About the Company
Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets. These assets include a world-class, integrated network of 16 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700-kilometre rail network and related infrastructure. Rio Tinto are expanding operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance.
About the Role
WorkPac are currently seeking Geotechnical Logging Engineers with exposure to mining. The role is an 8:6 Roster, FIFO from Perth, based within the Pilbara. With this position we are looking for an enthusiastic Geotechnical Engineer who will be part of Rio Tinto's Geotechnical Data Acquisition Team, responsible for collecting, analysing, and communicating high quality geotechnical input parameters for use in geotechnical models. Reporting to the Superintendent Geotechnical Engineer, you will be working in a challenging and exciting environment. To be successful you will need to work closely with many internal and external stakeholders (including Resource Development and Operations).
- Provide geotechnical core logging support to both studies and mine operations.
- Analyse, validate, and interpret geotechnical datasets collected during field programs.
- Ensure accurate and timely geotechnical diamond core logging data collection, validation and televiewer picking utilising RTIO geotechnical and geology standards and systems.
- Assist with program planning and execution of drilling.
- Liaise with team members and stakeholders on drilling priorities.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering or Geology)
- Knowledge of Geotechnical Logging Methodology
- Strong team player
- Iron Ore experience and knowledgeable in Pilbara Geology is preferred but not compulsory
- Manual C Class Australian Licence (minimum)
Job Reference Number: TMPRIJ202167084
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact:
WorkPac Professional Principal Consultant: Sam Lemme - email@example.com quoting the above reference number.
About the Company
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our my rewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
|Job title:||Geotechnical Logging Engineer|
|Industry:||Geoscience Mining, Oil and Gas|