Engineer, Drill & Blast, Specialist
Site: Various Sites
6 month duration, with the possibility of extension
About the Company
Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets. These assets include a world-class, integrated network of 15 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure. Rio Tinto are expanding operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance.
About the Role
Rio Tinto is seeking Drill and Blast Engineers to join our Mine Technical Services teams in the Pilbara. These key roles are responsible for drill and blast design and planning activities for the mining operations in order to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the mine plan.
You will be Involved in creating effective drill patterns, electronic initiation and charging designs and explore new ways to increase drill and blast productivity
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in mining engineering or another mining related field
- Demonstrated drill and blast experience within an open cut mining environment - preferably iron ore.
- A working knowledge of business and 3D mining software such as Vulcan and Blast Plan
- The ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- The ability to obtain and maintain a dangerous goods security card will be well regarded
- Prior drill and blast design experience along with wall control and vibration modelling experience will be advantageous
- A current C Class manual driver's licence
Job Reference Number: TMPRIJ202166854
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact:
WorkPac Professional Principal Consultant: Sam Lemme - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above reference number.
About the Company
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our my rewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
|Job title:||Engineer, Drill & Blast, Specialist|
|Industry:||Engineering Mining, Oil and Gas|