Rehabilitation Closure Advisor
6 month duration, with the possibility of extension
About the Company
Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets. These assets include a world-class, integrated network of 15 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure. Rio Tinto are expanding operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance.
About the Role
Rio Tinto are looking for a Closure PlanningSpecialist to support the business in mine closure planning. Perth CBD Location full time, Monday to Friday with opportunity for some work from home. Part-time placement may be considered for the right candidate.
This role is a great opportunity for a closure planning practitioner to provide advice to the business on mine closure planning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure development of our site mine closure plans to meet project and regulatory requirements.
- Provide closure representation on various mining and closure studies.
- Ensure closure aspects are considered across all mine planning horizons.
- Support closure risk identification and management.
- Identify opportunities for progressive rehabilitation.
- Be involved in improvement projects.
- Develop working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Preferred Background / Industry Experience
- Degree in Environmental / Biological Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience in preparing mine closure plans for mining operations
- Experience in mining / rehabilitation / restoration
- ArcGIS skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic Vulcan skills (beneficial)
- Project management experience (beneficial)
Job Reference Number: TMPRIJ202167001
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact:
WorkPac Professional Principal Consultant: Sam Lemme - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above reference number.
About the Company
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our my rewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
|Job title:||Rehabilitation Closure Advisor|
|Industry:||Project Management Construction and Architecture|